Estate Planning Attorney Mesa AZ
From trust administration to wills, our Mesa Estate Planning services will be tailor made for you and your family. Our attorneys in Arizona will be pleased to help you.
No one wants to think about their death. An Estate Planning Attorney in Mesa, AZ from the Citadel Law Firm will tell you that one common misconception is that you have to be wealthy to consider creating a Living Trust. Trusts aren't for just the extremely wealthy anymore but they are also not for all clients.
Nowadays, it's essential for all individuals to have a solid estate planning plan in place that matches they live goals. Sometimes if someone is planning to apply for government benefits creating wills may make more sense for them than creating a Trust.
We can help you also with a Last Will and Testament, a Living Will or we will help you avoid probate just using a beneficiary dead.
However, you shouldn't just draft your Will or Trust online in Arizona or have someone with little experience help you with it. It's in your best interest to work with an experienced estate planning attorney in your area.
The Citadel Law Firm can help you establish a valid estate planning plan, been that a will based plan or a trust based plan, that ensures all your final wishes are considered.
Here are some of the qualities to look for in Mesa estate planning lawyers:
- Experience. When you're ready to draft your will (or wills for a couple), you shouldn't hire just any attorney to help you with the process. Attorneys who don't specialize in estate planning may just put your information into a software program without actually knowing how the laws in the state of Arizona will affect your estate. To ensure that you establish a valid will that reflects your wishes and the laws in your state, hire a member of our team. We have many years of experience in estate planning and we offer estate planning services also in North Dakora, Minnesota, and, Colorado.
- Quickness. Before you hire an estate planning lawyer to draft your will, you should first ask how long he or she will take to complete it. That questions is specially important if you are going to have a surgery for example. A experienced and skilled law firm like Citadel Law Firm can help you prepare all your legal documents within one week. We can help you with your family trust (also know usually as living trust) and also with trust administration. We will help you protect your family quickly before your death.
- Fixed Price. It's also important to hire an estate planning lawyer who charges you a fixed upfront fee for creating your estate plan. The last thing you want is to be hit with surprise fees down the road. No one like high bills from attorneys that they didn't expect. Some estate planning lawyers may charge hourly rates for their services, but they usually aren't acting in their clients' best interests. They may require you to come to more consultations to increase their pay. Or they will charge extra to create a deed to protect your property.
- Friendly Demeanor. Estate planning can be stressful and personal, so it's especially important to work with an attorney who is friendly and compassionate. He or she should ask you simple questions in language you can easily understand and take the time to answer your questions. If your attorney seems to just be going through the motions and isn't easy to understand, it may be time to get new legal counsel. At Citadel we take the time to know you and your family so we can design the proper estate planning strategy for your unique situation. We also offer you a free consultation, that way you can meet our attorneys before you even pay us anything.
- Good Communication. Estate planning isn't just a one-time process. Your situation can change over the years and you may require updates to your estate planning. A good estate planning attorney keeps in touch with their clients. You should follow up with your Arizona estate planning attorney every few years regarding any life changes that may require an update to your estate plan. Also if we create a family trust to protect your family and property (and to make sure you avoid probate) you will have questions in how to fund you brand new trust. Make sure the lawyer that you choose will answer the phone after. Although trust funding is not complicated it requires getting used to it.
The Most Important Elements of An Estate Plan in Mesa
When first starting to write an estate plan, many people begin by writing down their assets and who they want these items or monetary values to be distributed. Many people need help from an attorney during this time, to confirm that they are doing things correctly and that the documents within the estate plan are unlikely to be disputed after passing away.
Here are examples of questions that our clients at the Citadel Law Firm may ask us:
What is the biggest priority in an estate plan?
A will or trust is one of the main elements of an estate plan. Wills ensure that property is given to beneficiaries based on the preferences of the individual. Certain trusts can help limit the impact of estate taxes and decrease the chances of legal conflicts arising after passing on.
The wording on a will or trust must be specific and clear, without room for misinterpretation. Also we help you choose wisely the initial trustee or the successor trustee. By avoiding a simple mistake like appointing multiple successor trustees we can help avoid fights after your death.
What is the role of a durable power of attorney (POA)?
As part of the estate plan, it is important to choose a durable power of attorney (POA) so the person you appoint can act on your behalf if you become unable to do so because of mental incompetence or terminal illness. Without a POA, the court may then have to decide how your assets are handled and a conservatorship may be required. This can cause much distress and upset for your family members who know you best, and have an idea of what your preferences would have been.
A durable power of attorney gives this appointed person the power to make legal decisions for you. Many people choose their significant other to act as durable POA. But, there are instances where an AZ Estate Planning Attorney in Mesa may advise appointing someone who is more financially savvy or familiar with state laws to uphold this duty instead.
Do beneficiaries have to be people, or can they be organizations too?
Who you list as beneficiaries of your estate can include both people and organizations. Perhaps you are a dedicated member of a non-profit and want a portion of your assets to go there after you pass on.
We can show you how to properly write down this organization if you wish to pass on a monetary value or other belonging to them. As a rule of thumb, your beneficiaries should be people who are over the age of 21 years old and of mental competence.
How is a healthcare power of attorney (HCPOA) different?
A HCPOA is different from a durable or general POA in that the person you choose for this role is to make important decisions regarding medical care if you become incapacitated. This person must be someone you trust to only act with your best interests in mind, and who would choose a medical path for you that you agree with. This person may literally have your life in their hands. It may also be a good idea to appoint a backup healthcare agent just in case the first pick isn't able to fulfill the duty.
Mesa estate planning lawyers that care!
We understand how stressful the estate planning process can be and want to make things a little easier for you. We encourage you to contact a Mesa estate planning attorney in Arizona from Citadel Law Firm to set up a free consultation to talk about your needs and goals. Our Arizona estate planning attorneys are extremely professional and they will be pleased to help.
It doesn't matter if your goal for your estate planning is to avoid probate and stay away from probate court, or you may want to have elder law provisions drafted to it so you can in the future apply for Medicaid in Mesa, Arizona, we are here to help.
You may want to do some charitable giving, a Citadel skilled estate planning attorney will be able to help with it as well. What is the cost to create a Last Will and Testament?
A lot of people is concerned about having a taxable estate, other want to make sure their assets go to their intended beneficiaries. They want to make sure the estate beneficiaries receive their inheritance and also minimize federal taxes. We can help you with that.
Our process is simple and not time consuming at all. We like to give you and your family the personal attention that you deserve. We like our clients to build a strong attorney client relationship. They need to be able to ask as many estate planning questions as they want to.
Contact a Mesa AZ Estate Planning attorney today, you can call (480) 565-8020 to schedule your free consultation to talk to our lawyers.
If you prefer click on the button below to schedule. We will be pleased to help you with our services.