Giancarlo "John" Ortega
John Ortega founded the Houston Business Bank (“HBB”) when he was 31 years old and remains one of the youngest entrepreneurs ever to obtain a De Novo banking license in the State of Texas. Under John’s leadership, HBB built a middle market commercial banking franchise for a variety of corporate clients ranging from restaurant suppliers to construction contractors. John sold his HBB interest in 2013 to a larger bank looking to expand its operations in southeastern Texas and then attended law school.
After earning his Juris Doctor law degree from the University of North Dakota, John continued his post-doctoral education earning a Master of Laws degree in Banking and Financial Services from Boston University. Having been both a banker and business owner, his practice involves representing banks, finance companies, and commercial borrowers in compliance, corporate governance, negotiation, mediation, mergers and acquisitions, lending, and all aspects of transactional banking and finance law. Mr. Ortega works now as a banking lawyer.
John holds bar licenses in multiple jurisdictions and accepts engagements in banking and financial services law with clients throughout the United States.
- Serves as General Counsel of community bank located in the Midwest
- Serves as counsel on various transactions including M&A and Branch Acquisitions
- Serves as counsel to various loan transactions, compliance, and corporate governance matters
- Served as President, Chief Executive Officer, and Director of Houston Business Bank
- Served on various bank board and committees throughout his banking career
- Serves as CFO and COO of several Middle Market Companies
Schedule a free consultation with attorney John Ortega
Call (480) 565-8020 or complete the form below.